Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cielo o Valencia Day 1

Mike and I were up at 530 to get on the train by 7 for Valencia. It was an amazing 3 hour trip past churches, agg fields, remnants of castles, and Mediterranean Sea. The Eurorail snacks are even good.
The train station is so beautiful I couldn't get him to walk 5 ft without taking a picture. We walked a few blocks to our hostel and napped. It was nice to find a firm bed.
Upon waking we went out for a snack and a walk. The buildings here are "resplendent" and "ornate" I can't wait to post the pictures.
We accidentally found the museum of fine arts which covers 400 years of Spanish painting, the Museum of Natural Sciences, and the Royal Gardens, all free, until our feet hurt so bad Mike complained.
After a nice rest, I read 3 chapters, we went out for supper.
After looking at other peoples food we found an EXCELLENT restaurant and ordered dinner. After we ordered it began to rain. The waiter brought our wine, tuna, shrimp, barnacles, and cuddle fish. I have pictures of us eating in the rain and my shoes are still "slushie"
It has been a great day
Parents, please close your eyes here.

So, on a lighter note. The funniest "you won't see this in MN. We've seen many men, as naked as a Jay Bird, on their balconies.
Mom, I told you to close your eyes! Jeez.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment