Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This is the end, my friend

The last day in Spain was all that we could have hoped for. We woke up early to go see Guernica at the Museum Reina Sofia, and a world of Classical art at the Prado.
The Guernica was big, depressing, black, and white, just as I had expected. Please note, I have no intentions of becoming an art critic. I lack the adjectives.

At the Prado, we saw a heap of Goya and more El Greco than you could shake a stick at. I learned that the word museum comes from a place that held a tribute to all of the muses. That explains the spelling. I've always had to check myself on that word.

Lunch was a mushroom and "boiled ham" pizza. I figured it was a poor translation; nope, that ham was boiled before it got on the pizza. Never seen so many treatments for a pig.

We went home and booked a cab for tomorrow, gotta leave at 6, before the train starts. Showered and packed.

Finally we headed out for dinner. We stopped at the giant H&M since we still have room in our two bags, but the impulse wasn't there. Sorry C, I lack the chutzpah for the 7 ano,

Dinner was great, hey, it is Madrid after all. We started off with chilled Mussels topped with pico del gallo, I had tinto de verano (red wine, lemon pop, and a splash of fruit liqueur) a Spanish Bartell's and James', and Mike had a beer. We finished eating here with a classic Jamon Iberrico and melon and a toast to next years trip.

It has been a dream. I miss the kittens, my family, friends, and tomatoes. The trip was made challenging by the fact that the majority of the country has the entire month of. I think they have the right idea. Where to next?

As soon as I get back I begin the next phase of the year long process to research and write my thesis. I think that this may be a year to remember. Bear with me.

We will be in tomorrow night after a 17 hour flight in pure daylight, goodness gracious.

I'd like fer Mike to enjoy the last leg of our journey. Please, no mention of the cheesehead.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. I vote for horseback riding in Iceland. Go for a little ice the next time?

    Liza

    ReplyDelete