Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Toledo Days 1& 2

Well, Mike enjoyed Toledo as much as an underpaid nurse can.

Unfortunately, we when we went out for a snack, gazpacho, I befriended the bartender who insisted we eat a 1/2 portion of this delicious sheep's milk cheese. It is a desert climate, so the sheep don't drink water, they only eat grass. It is a very fatty cured cheese with a texture like parma. You can taste the grass in the cheese. They keep it in a humador. It was far too rich for my stomach and I spent the whole next day in bed. Poor Mike.

He enjoyed Toledo as much as he could. He came back every hour to check on me and try to feed me.

I didn't get out of bed till this am. I'm still on a soup diet for now.

We had seen a knife store on the walk to dinner the first night. We went back for knives this morning before leaving.

we've just arrived in Madrid and are gonna explore the city before it gets too late.

Mike saw lots of cool stuff in Toledo, read up when he posts.

See you real soon,
Kasha
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment