Saturday, August 15, 2009

Seville Day 1

Last night was not a sleeping night. There is no "pillow top" on this bed. If I slept on my front I felt the springs on my face, on my back and they stabbed mu spine, etc. I tossed and turned and slept through the assumption feria, 7:40- 9 am. We got up and caught the parishoners leaving the cathedral in their best clothes, but not the procession where 40 hooded congregates carry a 1 ton statue of the virgen. Oh well, another time.

We ran errands the better part of the morning and returned to the hostel around 3:30 where we napped and relaxed till 6. When we got inside it was 100 f out! Dry as a bone, windless.
Nothing was open from 12pm to 7pm. Just as people said. It is too hot. We resumed wandering at 6 pm but not a single cafe, store, museum reopened till the temps dropped to 96 at 7 pm.

Cafes have misters on their awnings, like the veggies at Cub. The mist evaporates before it can touch me standing! When the bartender poured my Havana Club on ice, it steamed! It is as hot here as it is cold in Bemidji in February.
We strolled around and looked at buildings till 9:30, then we returned to the hostal and sat on the rooftop garden and wrote pcards.

Oh, before I forget, this hostal,Nueva Suisa, is excellent. We have a sweet room with private bath, a/c, rtop garden w hammocks, free breakfast w/ espresso, it is a beautiful old estate, well located, and the staff is helpful. I love it.

Tomorrow, the trip to Toledo.
Smoooch!
Kasha
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment